Job Description Summary
The Clinical Informatics Nurse is responsible for promoting the understanding, integration and innovation of information technology to improve the clinician and patient experience. This role supports organizational goals and initiatives using the input, analysis, and retrieval of data to improve processes. The Clinical Informatics RN participates in patient care and maintains a reporting relationship with operational leadership and IT.
Patient Experience and Clinician Workflow
• Serve as an advisor and translator between IT, clinical staff, patients, and leadership collaborating with key stakeholders and advocating for clinicians and patients
• Apply a user centered design methodology to develop systems that improve the clinicians ability to care for patients, clinic workflows, and the patient experience
• Improve processes by systematically working through complex problems to develop innovative solutions and standard work that eliminate waste
Strategic and Leadership
• Function as a spokesperson, champion, and leader for clinical IT strategy anticipating future technical needs and trends to promote system usability, quality clinical data, regulatory readiness, research, and evidence-based practice
• Partner to develop goals and a clinical systems strategy that supports clinicians, patients, and the achievement of organizational goals and strategic initiatives
Qualifications required for this job:
• Active clinical license and current clinical practice hours
• Experience collecting user requirements, translating to system feature enhancements, and requesting enhancements of a system administrator
• Demonstrated experience in training clinical end-users of various levels of technical savvy
• Demonstrated experience working with teams in the development and support of applications, and in implementing production systems in a healthcare organization
• Ability to evaluate user proficiency in application via direct observation
• Ability to work exceptionally well independently and as part of a team
• Excellent ability to communicate expectations clearly and succinctly, both in e-mail and orally.
• Good follow-up skills
• Ability to use initiative and sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities
• Ability to develop, maintain, and report on timelines for projects.
Qualifications preferred for this job:
• Strong understanding of computer terminology and database design basics
• Strong understanding of software usability criteria and design
• Knowledge oncology patient care services
• Knowledge of patient care operations in out-patient or acute care and/or research setting.
• Knowledge of TJC, DOH, and other regulatory requirements
• Lean processes or CPI knowledge and exposure