The client is embarking on a 3 year project to build a new shared health and human services platform, capable of supporting multiple programs and creating a data system that can support a more integrated, client-centric approach. The Sr. Project Manager will serve in a lead project governance capacity as part of the State’s project team and support throughout the project life cycle. The Sr. Project Manager will regularly interface with State, local and federal governmental personnel, internal stakeholders, subject matter experts, DevOps team, testers and development team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Project Planning and Management.
- Assist in team development and leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; and encourage a sustainable working pace in order to achieve the highest quality of work.
- Deliver an agile transformation plan to move from current state to a desired state.
- Conduct meetings with the team to ensure an understanding of current practices and methods used.
- Use standard project performance metrics to assess and evaluate the program.
- Draft an Agile Investment and Impact Report that describes the actual outcomes of the Agency’s agile program effort to include the outcomes against the approved plan, goals and objectives.
- Review and report on the Agency’s agile program and process to determine the current state of agile maturity within the Agency. Following completion of the Agile Maturity Assessment, the Project Manager shall draft an Agile Assessment Report that outlines findings in terms of people, processes, tools and technology portfolio, to include identification of strengths.
- Be responsible for monitoring the overall cost, control, adherence to schedules, and technical quality of work; support any needed requirements reviews; and provide procurement support as needed.
- Propose and conduct periodic discussions (both formal and informal, telecom and face- to-face) with Agency stakeholders (and/or delegates) in the form of Technical Exchange Meetings, collaborative development sessions, program reviews and design reviews as required. The Project Manager shall create meeting minutes summarizing the discussions held in the meetings.
- Prepare and provide technical analysis reports as directed by the Agency to support discussions.
- Upon approval by the Agency, coordinate with external organizations, as necessary, to support their development activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Information systems or a related discipline.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in project management.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least 3 successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- Knowledge in system integration using Application Program Interface (API) management technologies, and a working knowledge of the RESTful APIs platform, API design and development on the cloud as well as on-premise environments.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL database development experience with strong fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Agile scrum team with developers, testers and DevOps team using Agile processes and practices.
- Experience working with public agency interfaces.
- A Master’s Degree or project management certification.
- Experience in health and human services domains such as eligibility, enrollment, Medicaid, child welfare, child support systems.
- Experience building complex software systems with one or more general purpose programming languages.
Knowledge of best practices for the full Agile SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Integration experience with financial management systems.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.