The client is seeking Applications Programmers (Senior Java Developers) support them. The Application Programmers will be responsible for understanding, defining, analyzing, coding, evaluating, testing, debugging, documenting, and implementing complex software applications for the development and maintenance of the client’s (HBX) Healthcare Benefits Exchange and related systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, maintain and support enterprise applications in Java/J2EE under the HBX technological platform utilizing open-source driven Java EE architecture, Angular JS, HTML, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful API, and JBoss Enterprise Platform.
- Interface with business and IT teams to understand and translate business requirements into formal technical requirements and application code.
- Develop and execute quality unit test and integration plans/scripts to validate that application changes meet technical specifications.
- Work with testing team and business teams to complete acceptance testing and participate in integration testing.
- Participate in technical reviews at appropriate stages of software and application development.
- Adhere to all security, Project Management Office (PMO) change control, work management and service delivery policies, processes, tools and methodologies.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in SQL performance tuning.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Integrating Java application with SailPoint Identity Management and ForgeRock Access Management solutions or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in Integrating Java application with MongoDB content management solution or equivalent.
- Knowledge of SOA and web services internals.
- Proven experience in designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer).
- Proven strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers and non-technical staff.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related Discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in application security scanner software like Veracode, AppScan and Fortify.
- Proven experience in build and deployment processes and tools such as Maven, ANT and Jenkins.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL database and SQL Stored Procedures.
- Proven ability to work with and build and maintain strong relationships with technical teams.
- Working knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile software development practices.
- Experience with the State Based Marketplace solutions in Healthcare IT or Health and Human Services domains.
- Experience with managing multiple project priorities under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies and procedures.